Monday, March 4, 2013

Assignment 3/5

The first media tool that I tried was Twitter search.  My research question has to with antidepressants.  I used the search bar on twitter and typed in antidepressants.  A wide variety of things came up dealing with depression.  The one that caught my attention was an article arguing that anti-depressants should be banned while pregnant.  All together it was not that helpful in finding information specifically relating to the efficiency of antidepressants.   These posts were helpful to everyday life and interest.  I never realized how much positive feedback I could get from a social networking site.  If I was to specify my search, I am sure that I would get a better outcome relating to my research question.  For other purposes, the only reason that I use social media is to keep up with my friends and stay informed of upcoming events, now that almost every business and organization is on some sort of social media.  I’m not into social Medias enough to go out and use/find other social Medias.  The ones that I do have accounts with were just recently made and or I never get on them enough to see all that they offer besides personal blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Brittney; it's great you were able to use these tools to find some interesting new information about your research topic. One way that searching on social media sites is different is that you can also use it to connect with other users in your area of interest. Then you'll see new articles shared automatically and you can also directly interact with the owners of those accounts. But of course, some of us don't want to do this and would prefer to keep social networks for communicating with our real-life connections.

    ReplyDelete