Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Assignment 2/12

Doing research in this class is completely different then the way I have done it last semester and throughout my grade school career.  Usually I go onto Google and try to avoid Wikipedia and look for websites that end in org.  In this class I am certain that anything found within the databases are reliable information to use in an argument or paper on a scholarly level.  Over the last couple weeks everything has made sense to me accept for looking for a book on other schools websites.  I remember you saying something about making a PIN, but I still haven’t and do not know how.  Another thing that is still confusing is checking out a book.  I know how to find and locate the floor of the book, but how do you actually find the book without knowing how to use the call number.   I would like us to have more resources other than GALILAO databases relating to our research. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittney,

    I had a lot of issues with finding books in the library as well. From the outside looking in it seem very intimidating but it really is not once you get the hang of it. When you look at the call number find the letters. When you find the letter go to the corresponding floor and find the book case that you see the letter on after that just look at the numbers and the book should be on the shelf . the books surrounding the book you picked will also be on the same subject of the book you have found because all of the books are grouped by subject.

    ReplyDelete