Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Assignment 3/14

I used a new database found on GALILEO.  I browsed by subject and found a database called Worldwide Political Science Abstract.  After changing my key words three times, I found 1 result that related to my topic.  This database seemed to me as if it was harder to use.  I had to be really specific to get anything close to what I was looking for.  I only got 1 result, but in the end that one article was really helpful.  In the future I would not choose this database again, just because of the inconvenience.  It seems as if the only database that has worked for me is Academic Search complete.  The same keywords that I used for Academic Search Complete did not work so much for Worldwide Political Science Abstract.  My keywords were: antidepressants AND effectiveness OR efficiency AND natural depression OR depression.  When using the new database I had to switch effectiveness to good and active to good. 

1 comment:

  1. Presentation Feedback
    I thought that your topic was very interesting and I really liked how you connected it with your major. You seem to have quite a good bit of information about your topic as well as a great research question. Maybe in your research you could try to use keywords to search instead of a very specific question. You may have to read through several articles to find one that relates to your topic. I hope this helps. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete