Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Assignment 1/17

Two topics that I would be interested in researching are total institutions and medication taken to control natural emotions.  Total institutions are places that strip an individual’s identity to make them learn a lesson or become one with the group.  The reason why I chose total institutors was because I am learning about this in sociology.  It interest me to research if places like prison, boot camp, and rehab are effective methods of discipline, and are they worth the money tax payers put into them, and the time the residents spend there.  Antidepressants interested me because I always hear about the negative side effects and misuse of the drug.  I want to research the addiction rate and if the drug really does help the user more than it hurts them.  Anti-depressants are a common drug taken all over the world and prescribed heavily.  I want to research the good and bad to make a judgment of my own by getting stats and facts.  I want to understand if the drugs should be avoided or recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment